All students from China and some students from Korea come to Bethany Christian Schools through The Cambridge Institute for International Education. Cambridge students have the benefit of housing services through the Green Planet Program of The Cambridge Institute.
Students who apply and are accepted through WAnet or directly to Bethany have the following two housing options for boarding students. Below is a brief description of each option:
- Violett House: Bethany maintains an international student residence on campus where up to five students live in a supervised intentional community-type setting with a South Korean family. The home itself is a beautiful brick farm house built in 1850, and is on the National Historic Registry of Homes.
- Host Families: Most international students live with a Bethany host family, which is caring, friendly and genuinely interested in welcoming students into their home. Once we assign a host family it is expected that the student will remain there for one academic year. Term extensions are allowable upon review.
Host families are carefully chosen after background checks, personal interviews, reference checks and home inspections. Bethany maintains communication with the host family throughout the year.
If you would like to experience the joy and blessing of sharing your home and family life with someone from another culture, please take time to read about the program and complete the following paperwork:
- Read International and Residential Program Guidelines.
- Host Family Information Sheet. Submit online or download and return to school
- Host Reference Form. A pastor and one additional reference may submit online or download and return to the school in a sealed envelope.
- Background check facilitated by Bethany Christian Schools