In 2010 Bethany developed a semester-long exchange program with a Mennonite school in Asunción, Paraguay: Colegio Alemán Concordia, a private Christian school founded in 1975 by German-speaking Mennonites that offers a K-12 program in Spanish.
- Each school year one or two Bethany students can participate by attending Concordia from July to December of their sophomore year and then one or two Concordia students will attend Bethany from January to May of the same school year.
- Students will pay tuition at their home school and live with each other’s families.
- The only additional costs will be for visas, transportation, and spending money.
- Bethany will help Bethany students attending Concordia maximize credit opportunities for course work there. Students may need to take specific courses before or after their semester abroad to ensure completion of Indiana Core 40 requirements. Bethany's guidance counselor will work out details with students on an individual basis.
- Criteria for selecting students for the exchange include academic standing, creativity, and character.
Each year current Bethany ninth grade students may apply for the exchange program by submitting a short letter of application (250-500 words) that outlines the reasons for their interest in the exchange program and goals they would hope to meet during the exchange semester. The letter should be submitted to the guidance counselor during the winter preceding the exchange. A specific deadline will be announced each year via letter to all current ninth grade students. For more information, contact the guidance counselor.
|School Year||Bethany Students||Paraguayan Students|
|2009-10||None||Daniela Centurion, Dorina Funk|
|2010-11||Ike Lehman||Marcelo Dueck, Sabrina von Wegerer|
|2011-12||Lorae Weaver, Rachel A. Schrock||Angela Unruh, Sandra Zarate|
|2012-13||Jesse Amstutz||Manuela Harder|