For an eLearning Day, teachers will post on Powerschool or directly email students learning activities and assignments for students that are expected for the day.
- Students will receive a call, text, or email through the parent alert system that states a eLearning day in effect. This will also be noted on television stations as possible.
- Assignments will be posted on Powerschool by 8:00am, if not before. See video below for instructions on how to access.
- All eLearning days are non-block days.
- Assignments for each class will take no longer than 30 minutes, not including time needed to interact with the teacher and/or peers. Unless otherwise noted, assignment are due by 5:00 pm of the eLearning day.
- If you do not have access to internet, teachers will allow up to two additional days to complete assignments with a parental note. Students without internet should contact the teacher or classmates to get assignments.
- Faculty are available online via email for questions from 8:00am - 3:30pm. Part-time faculty are available from 10:00am - 1:00pm:
- Although assignments are due NO LATER THAN 5pm it may be in your best interest to complete work within the 8:00-3:30 time frame. Students who fail to complete assigned work forfeit the opportunity for retesting in that unit.
- eLearning days will be on a non-block schedule. (see explanation at bottom for exception)
- Assignments for each class should take no longer than 30 minutes.
- Teachers have an eLearning Day tab on their Powerschool class pages so that students can easily see what assignments have been given for the online instruction day. See video at bottom of page.
- Assignments will be posted by 8:00 a.m. or close to this time.
- Teachers are available online from 8:00am-3:30pm. Faculty 50% time or less are available 10:00am-1:00pm.
- Assignments should be due at 5:00 pm on the eLearning day. If noted otherwise on Powerschool, teachers can make assignments due on a later date.
- This is a school day. We need to document students’ active involvement in classes. Therefore when possible, assignments should be submitted directly to Powerschool, or google docs so timestamps verify work completion.
eLearning Days: Details for Schedule Implications
- If schedule can't be balanced out on the week (block-wise), still a 1-9 schedule for future eLearning days. Examples here all assume no more snow days on calendar and eLearning days are needed.
- off Wednesday, have 1-9 eLearning day, then Wednesday odd block schedule on Thursday, and Thursday even block schedule on Friday
- off Thursday, have 1-9 eLearning day and Friday is Thursday even block
- off Thursday and not scheduled Friday: have eLearning day as Thursday even block
Video of Instructions on Accessing eLearning Assignments in PowerSchool