- Parents in Prayer meets every Wednesday morning 8:00-8:30. This is a time for any parents, grandparents, and others to join in prayer for our students, teachers, and all of Bethany in general. We meet in the office conference room and would love to have more people join us. We want our school to be a great witness to our community and believe God will hear and answer our prayers.
- BART is up and running again. There are an increasing number of families participating in this program. To get started or learn more see the BART web page or contact Aimee Brinson, action Leader
- Club Competition groups are underway now that teachers and students have several weeks of school under their belts. The first debate competition will be Saturday, October7, while the first speech competition will be in November. Chess Club kicks off their season with a chess tournament on October 28. Science Olympiad for both middle school and high school students is traditionally scheduled in early February. -Kathy Nofziger Yeakey, action leader
- Staff Appreciation Group - Staff are shown that they are appreciated for all they do for our kids. A great number of parents have volunteered to help in various ways; however, we still need some volunteers to help provide meals for teachers during parent-teacher conferences in October. If you would like to help in this way, contact the action group leader Kimberlee Jones at 615-879-8194.
- Fine Arts Group - Join us for “Music on the Lawn”, Friday, September 15. This is a fundraiser concert performed by the high school bands, orchestra, and concert choir. The concert begins at 6:15 p.m. in the Friendship Garden and is preceded by a ticketed pork BBQ sandwich meal from 5-6 p.m. Proceeds will offset student costs for festivals, concert attire, and other related student expenses. See a high school music participant for advanced ticket sales. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door. We are still in need of several parents to volunteer for this activity. Please contact Action Group Leader Starla Graber if you can help at email@example.com or text 574-596-9807
- Spirit Wear Update - The Fall PTO Spirit wear sale was a big success. Thanks to everyone who purchased an item to support our students and school. The next opportunity to order spirit wear will be in late November. Orders will be fulfilled in time for Christmas. Click here for ordering information. Action Group Leader - Benji Hurst
- Athletics - Thank you so much to all the parents who are busy coordinating and planning for meals and snacks for the teams. You are so appreciated.
Chris Frey, PTO President
How Do I Get Involved?
Contact the president (email firstname.lastname@example.org), an action group leader, or the Bethany office at 574 534-2567.
- Athletics action group is responsible for finding parent volunteers to serve as team parents for all of our middle school and high school athletic teams. Team parents work with coaches to coordinate snacks, meals, ticket sales, scorebook, scoreboard, team shirts, locker decorations, and any other needs that might arise throughout the season. Special thanks to all the parents that have helped out with the sports teams so far, your work helps make the sports seasons run smoother. Action group leader: Liza Keenoy
- BART action group assists with Bethany's scrip program in which parents and friends of Bethany can purchase certificates and gift cards to local and national businesses and earn money for tuition. Learn more on the BART web page. Action Leader: Aimee Brinson
- Club Competition action group assists the teachers and coaches leading middle school and high school Speech and Debate, Chess Club, and Science Olympiad. They help recruit parent coordinators to assist the clubs where their students participate. Parent coordinators organize snack and meal schedules for competition events or practices, decorate students lockers, etc. Action group leader: Kathy Nofziger Yeakey
- Fine Arts action group aids orchestra, band, and theatre directors. Volunteers assist in many ways with choir, orchestra, band, and theater productions. Involvement can include: meals,stage decorations, set building, costumes, and much more. Action group leader: Starla Graber
- Spirit Wear action group assists with selling Bruin apparel. Orders are typically filled in September and December. See store.
- Staff Appreciation action group shows appreciation to our great staff at Bethany by sending them birthday cards and providing snacks twice a month. In May we hold a Staff Appreciation Week, providing food, encouragement and prizes around a theme. We are looking for someone to take over this action group next year which involves making a snack/card schedule and getting volunteers to sign up at the August PTO Kick-off. Then reminders are sent to volunteers at the beginning of each month. Please let Kimberlee Jones (action group leader) or someone on the PTO know if you are interested.