Feb. 26, 27, 28, and March 1, 2009, are the four scheduled performances of the musical Rags, based on the book by Joseph Stein with lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and music by Charles Strouse. The music is a fusion of Ragtime and Klezmer.
With an energetic and beautiful score, Rags is a personal look at the plight of Russian Jewish immigrants at the beginning of the 20th century. Human relationships and lots of humor accompany a family's encounters with poverty, tradition vs. America, exploitation of workers, the start of the labor movement, the boss system, and the inner strength that carries them through.
Peformance and ticket information include:
- 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Saturday performances
- 8 p.m. Friday performance
- 3 p.m. Sunday performance
- Adults: $8 • Students: $6
- Beginning Feb. 9, call 574 534-2567 to reserve seats