The PTO is not possible without the generous contribution of time and resources from our wonderful community of families. Parent involvement makes all the difference in our school. We recognize there are many commitments in our lives that demand time and energy and we’d like to thank you in advance for considering making volunteering for a few PTO initiatives one of them.
Listed below are some of the programs and activities scheduled for the coming year. We will provide communication for these as well as others as they get closer.
- Kickoff - August 12
- Music on the Lawn - September 16 (volunteers needed)
- Bruin Bistro - One morning in fall, spring and winter
- Dine to Donate at local restaurants - Culver’s, Hacienda
- Donkey Basketball- TBA
Opportunities to Volunteer
- Bethany Concert Closet - families donate and ‘shop’ for gently used and clean concert specific clothing (black and white only - can include shoes, ties, shirts, dresses, skirts, pants)
- Bethany Sports Closet (coming soon) - families donate and ‘shop’ for gently used and clean sports shoes, cleats, shinguards etc.
- Monthly snacks for the teachers’ lounge
- Book Fair - October 10-14
- Parent Teacher Conference Meals - October 11&12
- Staff Appreciation Week - May 1-5
- EduKit - A program offering families a convenient option to order school supplies (more information coming in spring of 2023)
PTO Our Board
Heidi Sawatzky, PTO President, Aimee Brinson, Bess Daly, Daniela Lopez, Mike McHugh, Kris Miller, Sumer Schlabach, Janet Vardaman., Robin Yoder, and Hank Willems (ex-officio)
We’d love to hear from any of you with ideas, concerns or interest in becoming a part of the PTO Board. The only way we can have a thriving and active PTO that benefits our kids and supports our teachers is through your involvement! Email: [email protected]
Check out the PTO Facebook page.
Sign up for PTO text alerts (text @bethanypt to 81010)